Senior Accountant - Grants & Contracts
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at email@example.com or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Reporting to the Manager of Grants and Contracts in the Controller's Office, the senior accountant has professional responsibility in post-award administration and related accounting duties. The incumbent interacts with principal investigators and sponsors in the areas of financial reporting, invoicing, and general problem resolution.
This position is housed at the North Las Vegas campus and requires consistent and reliable attendance and some travel to other campuses /work sites. It requires ability to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Prepare monthly grant account reconciliation to identify unallowable expenditures
- Process transactions in Workday to move unallowable expenditures to the correct grant or account
- Prepare and submit monthly invoices and/or other sponsor specific forms for reimbursements with appropriate supporting documentation
- Reconcile A/R, ensure payment is received in a timely manner, and apply payments
- Prepare and submit financial reports to sponsors
- Process effort certifications
- Track deadlines for invoicing, reporting, and the closeout of each award
- Maintain financial records and upload necessary supporting documentation into Workday
- Prepare Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA)
- Research and apply policies and procedures in compliance with Uniform Guidance, federal and state regulations, NSHE policies and procedures
- Complete tasks assigned for month-end and year-end closes
- Assist principal investigators, faculty, and staff regarding post-award processes
- Assist with grant equipment tracking
- Assist with compiling documents for audits
The ideal candidate would possess:
- One or more years of full-time working experience with Workday or other ERP systems common to higher education
- Experience in preparation of SEFA
- Experience with interpreting and applying governing laws, regulations, and requirements
- Ability to master new software applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines under strict time constraints
- Possess a high level of accuracy and detail-orientation
- Strong analytical, financial, and problem-solving skills with the ability to elicit, organize, and translate data
- Ability to perform essential job functions effectively in a virtual work environment
- Ability to communicate with a diverse customer base, including sponsors, faculty, and staff
- Knowledge of federal grant regulations, Uniform Guidance, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and 3 years of full-time comparable professional experience OR equivalent combination of education and comparable professional experience
- Three or more years of full-time ledger accountant experience
- Two or more years of full-time experience in a grant management setting
- One or more years of working knowledge of fund accounting in higher education
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty C
$58,561 - $76,053
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references (Name, email and phone number)
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Senior-Accountant---Grants---Contracts_R0125759
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency