Research Program Analyst
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 5504
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through midnight CST on 01/04/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close to applications once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Commensurate with Experience
Hours per Week
40 hours per week
Required Application Materials
Required: Resume and Cover Letter
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for enhancing and coordinating internal controls regarding information disclosure and reporting; international research collaborations; foreign influence vulnerabilities; and protection of intellectual assets. These controls will be developed and evaluated within a framework of scientific advancement while protecting against national security concerns.
- Review researcher's outside activity disclosures and implement management plans, as needed.
- Verify accuracy and consistency of reported outside activities across various requirements (i.e., department, university, granting agencies).
- Manage and maintain the integrated data dashboard for international touchpoints in collaboration with departments university-wide.
- Coordinate the identification and prevention of foreign influence and insider threats.
- Coordinate with the Global Initiatives office regarding international visitors and researchers.
- Partner with the Research Security Manager, Chief Information Security Officer, and Commercialization Officer on areas of concern.
- Coordinate process for heightened screening/background checks as needed.
- Develop and deliver a training program for various levels of the university community to ensure awareness of security threats.
- Serve as a primary information source for relevant policies, guidance, developments and best practices.
- Develop reports to various levels of university administration and oversight agencies.
- Support a continuous improvement framework to mitigate risk as international relations evolve and change.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in relevant training and breifings.
- Represent UTSA in external committees and task forces
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Three years of experience working in compliance, auditing, conducting investigations or related experience.
- Knowledge of developing, creating and enforcing compliance policies, procedures and programs
- Demonstrated ability collecting information from multiple sources and compiling into reports for executive or administrative review
- Capacity to prioritize, meet deadlines, balance multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Criminal Background Check
Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Compliance, trade compliance or export control certification.
- Experience collecting and compiling reports on Publicly Available Information.
- Experience or direct knowledge of institutions of higher education or research institutes
- Experience in research compliance.
- Experience in automating and streamlining collection of information.
This position has funding available from UT System for three years from the date of hire with the possiblity of continuation pending availability of future funding.
At present, this role is a UTSA telecommuting position, and the candidate selected for this position will be required to work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Telecommuters may be required to work on campus at times; travel and parking expenses are the employee's responsibility. It is expected that this position will return to campus in the future. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
UTSA is a tobacco-free campus
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon as successful background check.
Applicants selected for interview must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The UTSA campus is accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=5504&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency