- Research Compliance Manager
- Go to our website »
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) Office at the Teachers College (TC) functions to ensure that all human subject research conducted at the University is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and University policies. The IRB Office supports the Institutional Review Board and provides education and training on human subject research.
In support of TC's mission and vision, the IRB is seeking a Research Compliance Manager who will facilitate ethical conduct of research with human subjects by overseeing and providing pre-review and review of IRB submissions for completeness and adherence with IRB policy, institutional requirements, and state/federal regulations.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Reporting to the Research Compliance Director, the Research Compliance Manager will have primary responsibility for assuring the College's compliance with all federal and state requirements for the protection of human subjects in the research and the ethical conduct of research.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate the ethical conduct of research with human subjects by overseeing and providing pre-review and review of IRB submissions for completeness and adherence with IRB policy, institutional requirements, and state/federal regulations.
- Provide strong leadership experience and experience in administration and review of all IRB submissions including initial submissions, continuing review, modification requests, reports of incidents, unanticipated problems, protocol deviations and/or adverse event
- Provide leadership and guidance for the IRB staff performing pre- and post-review of studies submitted for IRB review
- Provide day-to-day supervision and oversight for the IRB operational workflow
- Closely aligns staff processes and resources to meet goals and objectives of the office
- Oversee, provide, and coordinate technical and administrative review of human research application materials for review by the IRB
- Provide support and guidance to investigators on content submitted for review by the IRB.
- Work closely with the IRB Director and other members of senior leadership to identify and plan program improvements.
- Assist in educational and outreach efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Direct experience in an IRB and operational setting.
- Expertise in Federal, State, and local regulations and guidelines for the conduct of human subjects research.
- Master's degree and 5 years of experience directly related to the specified duties and responsibilities.
- Experience using an electronic IRB submission program.
- Experience in policy and procedure development.
- Computer proficiency and database programs.
- Certification or eligibility to sit for Certification Exam for Certified IRB Professional (PRIM&R).
To apply, visit: https://employment.tc.columbia.edu/en-us/job/510991/research-compliance-manager
Equal Employment Opportunity
Teachers College is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic community and to providing equal opportunity in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or gender expression), religion, creed, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply, please visit: https://employment.tc.columbia.edu/en-us/job/510991/research-compliance-manager
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency