This ad is expired.
Proposal Development Coordinator
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent or higher degree). Two (2) years of full-time administrative and/or research experience, research experience as part of a doctoral training program will be considered. Experience with federal, state, and/or private grant application development and/or submission. Highly proficient, professional experience in spreadsheet management, e-mail, internet research, and word processing applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Apps).
Master's degree (foreign equivalent or higher degree). Four or more years (4+) of full-time administrative and/or research experience, research experience as part of a doctoral training program will be considered. Experience developing or managing budgets. Experience working in a higher education setting or academic medical setting. Experience editing and performing quality assurance review of documents.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Office of Proposal Development (OPD) is one of six units within the Office of the Vice President for Research whose mission is to support Stony Brook's research and scholarly community in their pursuit of extramural funding. OPD's primary focus is on large-scale and/or interdisciplinary proposals involving multiple departments and external collaborators. The incumbent will provide complex and comprehensive administrative support to Stony Brook's research and scholarly community in their pursuit of extramural funding. OPD staff work directly with Stony Brook researchers and their staff to develop grant applications and support writing (non technical sections), reviewing and submitting proposals, including developing project budgets that are structured appropriately to meet the needs of the program. OPD staff work in unison with the Office of Sponsored Programs to ensure that proposals meet all sponsor and University requirements.
The successful incumbent will have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, exercising strong organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail. Essential for this role is the adeptness to work independently as well as part of a team with a collaborative approach to problem solving and the ability to effectively multi-tasking in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with a high degree of accuracy and organization.
- Decipher and extract key proposal requirements from the funding opportunity and maintain a timeline of milestones to facilitate proposal planning and development, maintain regular communication/meetings/shared document space with the entire proposal development team to ensure timely progress towards successful proposal submission.
- Draft, format, secure and review required proposal documents, including biographical sketches, current and pending funding, data management plans, letters of support, training records, and other required supporting documentation.
- Coordinate the budget development, prepping and uploading documents into myResearch, grants.gov and other sponsor application systems such as Fastlane.
- Serve as liaison with the Office of Sponsored Programs by maintaining regular communication to ensure the proposal meets sponsor requirements and university policies and timelines.
- Conduct information mining and data extraction/analysis to support a broad range of strategic research development initiatives and resources, including (but not limited to) funding opportunities, emerging national initiatives, state/federal legislative priorities, etc.
- Provide complex and comprehensive administrative support related to the development and delivery of resources and trainings related to grantsmanship and proposal development and submission.
- Function as a generalist in all areas of the office's daily business, requiring a full understanding of the office, as well as University policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the customer service area of the office including calendar maintenance, appointments, reimbursements, website maintenance, and event set-up/clean-up.
- Participate, as appropriate, in internal and external professional activities, staying abreast of emerging developments within the field.
- Provide training and mentoring to new staff.
- Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
This position may be eligible for alternative workplace arrangements/telework (remote or virtual) or hybrid.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, the candidate hired will need to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or other "protected individual" (as defined by 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1324b(a)(3).
Evening and weekend work may be required at times.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at (631) 632-6280 or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2102292&tz=GMT-07%3A00&tzname=America%2FLos_Angeles
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency