Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 27528
This position may be considered for partial or full remote work, subject to the terms of a telecommuting agreement, with the potential need to come to campus for meetings on occasion. While telecommuting/remote working, the employee is responsible for ensuring a worksite environment suitable for accomplishing their regular job duties during scheduled hours of work and, if applicable, arranging for dependent care just as they would if they were working in person at a UCSC worksite.
Although the Initial Review Date (IRD) of 1/4/2022 has passed, we are still accepting applications and encouraging applicants to apply.
NOTE: This position is being filled at either the Proposal Administrator 1  (JobID: 27529) or Proposal Administrator 2  (JobID: 27528). Applicants are encouraged to apply for the position for which you are best qualified. If in doubt please apply for both.
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to Policy.
Employees can submit proof of vaccination online or request an exception.
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
The Office of Research supports, oversees, and champions research at the University of California Santa Cruz by providing an effective environment for faculty research in departments, research centers and other programs. The division is responsible for facilitating processes and procedures for acquiring and administering research funding; overseeing compliance of campus research with federal, state, and university regulations; insuring the dissemination of faculty efforts both to the public, through publications, education, and research, and to private industry through technology transfer; and in partnership with the Division of Graduate Studies optimizing the quality of graduate education and research training. The Office of Research collectively promotes the execution of highly technical research activities spanning the entire range of disciplines of the UCSC faculty.
The following units are part of the Office of Research: Office of Sponsored Projects, Office of Research Compliance Administrations, Industry Alliances & Technology Commercialization, Research Development, and Office of Business Administration.
The position of Proposal Administrator in the Office of Research is integral to UCSC's research mission. Our goal is to increase extramural funding, ensuring researchers and students have opportunities that will help shape our future for the better of society. This position plays a critical role in ensuring faculty and researchers have consistent and comprehensive administrative support for submitting high quality research proposals.
Reporting to the Proposal Administration Manager, the Proposal Administrator will work as part of a larger team of Research Development and Office of Sponsored Projects staff to support faculty with proposal submissions. Proposal submission support includes initiating proposal records, building budgets, assisting with budget justifications, fielding researcher requests for support, interpreting sponsor requirements, assisting with the development of required documentation, assisting with proposal content, assisting with formatting documents, and uploading documents into internal and external portals (Cayuse, Fastlane, etc.). As a resource, the Proposal Administrator willl also assist faculty and researchers with funding opportunity search tools, sponsor and third-party resources/tools/portals (i.e., Pivot, InfoReady, eRA Commons, NSF SciENcv, ORCID ID), and develop/provide templates for proposals. The Proposal Adminstrator will establish one-on-one relationships with faculty members and provide funding identification and proposal development support. Collaborates with faculty researchers, the Associate Vice Chancellor for Research, Research Development Director/Specialists, and other Office of Research units to support proposal submission for major projects and initiatives. Maintains an assigned proposal workload in a strong customer-service oriented environment.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 01-04-2022
Salary Information: Salary Range: $28.74 - $32.33/hour. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full
Percentage of Time: 100%
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: Career
Job End Date: 6/30/2024, with possibility of extension
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification: 006205 (RSCH ADM 2)
- Maintains an assigned proposal workload. Initiate proposal submission records in University system (Cayuse), assist in budgeting, budget justifications, and other proposal preparation functions. Support faculty and researcher with proposal development and supporting documentation (Tables, figures, basic content, Biosketches, Current and Pending, etc.)
- Review, analyze, and interpret sponsor and University documents, policies, procedures, and correspondence. Ability to apply pertinent University policies when drafting budgets and proposal packages.
- Provide advice and counsel regarding sponsored projects as it relates to proposal preparation to faculty and researchers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, sponsor and institutional regulations, policies, and guidelines.
- Ability to review, analyze, interpret and apply policies when preapring proposals, including budget and documentation preparation.
- Ability to thrive in a busy, high-volume, and deadline driven work environment that requires coordination of multiple activities and the judgment and flexibility to reprioritize to accommodate emergency requests.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including ability to create and modify documents in accordance with stated requirements (editing, formatting).
- Proficiency with computers, databases, software programs and operating systems.
- Ability to maintain independent judgment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Federal Cost Principles such as those described in Office of Management and Budget's Uniform Guidance.
- Ability to recognize inefficiencies and troubleshoot processes.
- Ability to successfully work and collaborate with diverse personality types.
- Enthusiasm for learning and a collaborative work environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Skills to orally communicate issues clearly to a wide variety of individuals.
- Good writing and editing skills.
- Experience working in an academic setting.
- Experience in the UC system.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- This position may be considered for partial or full remote work, subject to the terms of a telecommuting agreement, with the potential need to come to campus for meetings on occasion. While telecommuting/remote working, the employee is responsible for ensuring a worksite environment suitable for accomplishing their regular job duties during scheduled hours of work and, if applicable, arranging for dependent care just as they would if they were working in person at a UCSC worksite.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our https://www.google.com/url?q=https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html&source=gmail&ust=1637798530519000&usg=AOvVaw2l8tZI0j55QgkVcF-RV1HS" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2680414&targetURL=https://shr.ucsc.edu/talent-acquisition/applicant_resources/how-to-apply/index.html" target="_blank">How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-f0edc5780124c741b02a0f03cfbccf2a