This ad is expired.
Labor Distribution Specialist
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
High School Diploma/GED (foreign equivalent or higher). Five (5) years of full-time clerical and business finance experience. Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office Suite.
Associate's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Previous experience in cost accounting relative to labor and payroll finance matters. Experience with Oracle.
Support all actions that require the execution of transactions charged directly to sponsored research awards for personnel charges, manage and maintain the reports for both Suspense accounts for the Stony Brook campus.
ID and process transactions to create approved labor schedules for all RF employees and Fellows as well as Fellow Health Insurance, SUNY Salary Offset and Cost Shared transactions. Ensure documents are properly approved prior to input.
Run the daily suspense account reports, review and analyze the report data and facilitate the necessary actions to correctly charge sponsored research awards. Determine the proper course of action for needed correction of charges from the suspense accounts based on the various reasons that individual payroll transactions were charged to the suspense account instead of to individual research projects. Using approved payroll forms, fellowship forms and salary offset requests, initiate transactions and any corrective action, coordinating approvals with Sponsored Award Analyst and Principal Investigator's as needed. Input labor distribution information into the Oracle system and perform distribution adjustments to charge back sponsored awards. Record information of corrective actions taken on various documents and reports for audit purposes. Maintain all reports and corresponding information to endure audit compliance sponsored required back up.
Support the current staff that process all RF employee payroll actions that charge sponsored awards, including salary offset transactions, fellowships, PI summer salary and graduate student labor charges. Once approved all actions will be work flowed from the Sponsored Award Analyst to execute against sponsored research awards. Identify and annotate all documents to record the necessary approvals and execution. Generate the supporting documents for all cost transfer actions and record in imaged files.
- Review and analyze data on the Projected Suspense report and the daily Actual Suspense reports for both direct paid Research Foundation employees as well as the Salary Offset for State faculty effort.
- Review charges to the suspense account for each employee listed on the report and utilizing the tools within OGM, the shared imaged Campus Payroll Office documents and RF Oracle, to determine the cause for the payroll cost being charged to the suspense account and not to an individual research project.
- Determine the corrective course of action and initiate necessary steps to remove the payroll charges from the suspense account to charge the proper sponsored project. This will include coordination and approval by Sponsored Award Analyst, the campus Payroll Office and when needed the Account Establishment Unit. Input employee labor distribution into the Oracle system to correct future charging instructions and determine the necessary distribution Adjustments to clear the suspense account of payroll charges prior to current pay period. Approve distribution adjustments in the RF Oracle business system and facilitate the return of forms and all auditable actions to imaged files.
- Position will serve as cross over support to both areas that create the charges for personnel actions to sponsored awards and where charges are also shared with institutional funds. This may require facilitating corrections to award fund status and communication with various campus administrative teams. Provide management with periodic statistical analysis and reports regarding the Suspense account balances and the need for possible write offs due to overpayments or transactions processed with errors. This will require in-depth knowledge of various business systems and processes. Use Excel to maintain data updates and for use within the Office of Grants Management (OGM). Coordinate follow-up actions with OGM and Payroll teams as well as Research Foundation Corporate Payroll office, needed to complete adjustments.
- Create the daily reports pertinent to Campus Suspense accounts, annotate and share with OGM and Payroll teams. Interact with Research Foundation Central Office project staff to ensure that report data is correct and to facilitate any failed transactions from the previous day. Organize and maintain reports.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new computer systems to advance electronic research administration within the Vice President for Research and with campus partners in research departments that support personnel actions against Research Foundation Awards. Currently this involves the implementation of shared imaged file and retrieval system, continuous transition of the RF business system and upgrades.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Job Number: 2104441Official Job Title: Senior Administrative AssistantJob Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)Primary Location: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: Officeof Grants ManagementSchedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:30 am- 5:00 pm Posting Start Date: Nov 17, 2021Posting End Date: Dec 17, 2021, 8:59:00 PMSalary:Commensurate with experienceAppointment Type: RegularSalary Grade:N8
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2104441&tz=GMT-08%3A00&tzname=America%2FLos_Angeles
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency