This ad is expired.
- IRB Assistant
- Go to our website »
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). One (1) year of full-time administrative experience. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google applications.
Master's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Experience in a Higher Education/Academic setting. Experience in IRB and/or IRB Administration. Trained/certified in human research protections. Experience with medical terminology.
Brief Description of Duties:
The incumbent is responsible for providing administrative support to the Stony Brook University Institutional Review Boards (IRB). The successful incumbent will have excellent interpersonal skills, exercising strong organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail. Essential for this role is the adeptness to work independently as well as part of a team with a collaborative approach to problem solving. Research Compliance also notes that the successful incumbent must understand human research compliance policies and regulations of federal regulators and the impact of non-compliance thereof.
- Process applications to the IRB including 1) administrative review to ensure compliance with and accurate interpretation of relevant regulation and policies, 2) assignment of IRB reviewer and 3) act as a liaison between investigators and IRB to ensure timely review and approval.
- Act as the primary reviewer on behalf of the IRB for 1) applications for exemption and expedited reviews, 2) determinations of activities that constitute "not human subjects research" and 3) post-committee responses from investigators.
- Provide support and feedback to investigators during the submission and approval processes for applications to the IRB.
- Ensure accurate dissemination of correspondence to and from investigators, IRB members, and other on/off campus offices as required. Attend IRB meetings.
- Assignment of amendments, adverse events, investigator responses to appropriate reviewers.
- Continually assess human research protection programs against new federal guidelines/regulations for possible revision to SBU's AAHRPP standard operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, the candidate hired will need to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or other "protected individual" (as defined by 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1324b(a)(3).
This position may be eligible for alternative workplace arrangements/telework (remote or virtual) or hybrid.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
SUNY Research Foundation: A Great Place to Work
Job Number: 2300997Official Job Title: Administrative Staff Assistant IJob Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)Primary Location: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: Office of Research ComplianceSchedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Posting Start Date: Mar 29, 2023Posting End Date: Apr 29, 2023, 3:59:00 AMSalary:Commensurate with experienceAppointment Type: RegularSalary Grade:E1 SBU Area:The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2300997&tz=GMT%2B00%3A00&tzname=UTC
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency