Required Qualific ions (as evidenced by an tached resume):
Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). One (1) year of full-time administr ive experience. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google applic ions. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Preferred Qualific ions:
Master's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Experience in a Higher Educ ion/Academic setting. Experience in IRB and/or IRB Administr ion. Trained/certified in human research protections.
Brief Description of Duties:
The incumbent is responsible for providing administr ive support to the Stony Brook University Institutional Review Boards (IRB). The successful incumbent will have excellent interpersonal skills, exercising strong organiz ional skills with an exceptional tention to detail. Essential for this role is the adeptness to work independently as well as part of a team with a collabor ive approach to problem solving. Research Compliance also notes th the successful incumbent must understand human research compliance policies and regul ions of federal regul ors and the impact of non-compliance thereof.
- Process applic ions to the IRB including 1) administr ive review to ensure compliance with and accur e interpret ion of relevant regul ion and policies, 2) assignment of IRB reviewer and 3) act as a liaison between investig ors and IRB to ensure timely review and approval.
- Act as the primary reviewer on behalf of the IRB for 1) applic ions for exemption and expedited reviews, 2) determin ions of activities th constitute "not human subjects research" and 3) post-committee responses from investig ors.
- Provide support and feedback to investig ors during the submission and approval processes for applic ions to the IRB.
- Ensure accur e dissemin ion of correspondence to and from investig ors, IRB members, and other on/off campus offices as required. Attend IRB meetings.
- Assignment of amendments, adverse events, investig or responses to appropri e reviewers.
- Continually assess human research protection programs against new federal guidelines/regul ions for possible revision to SBU's AAHRPP standard oper ing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Research Found ion of SUNY is a priv e educ ional corpor ion. Employment is subject to the Research Found ion policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regul ions, the candid e hired will need to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or other "protected individual" (as defined by 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1324b(a)(3).
This position may be eligible for altern ive workplace arrangements/telework (remote or virtual) or hybrid.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online applic ion.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the cre ion of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consider ion for employment without regard to race, color, n ional origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial st us, sexual orient ion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic inform ion, veteran st us and all other protected classes under federal or st e laws.
If you need a disability-rel ed accommod ion, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime st istics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Job Number: 2200765Official Job Title: Administr ive Staff Assistant IJob Field: Administr ive & Professional (non-Clinical)Primary Loc ion: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: Office of Research ComplianceSchedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Posting Start D e: Apr 11, 2022Posting End D e: May 11, 2022, 8:59:00 PMSalary:Commensur e with experienceAppointment Type: RegularSalary Grade:E1
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2200765&tz=GMT-07%3A00&tzname=America%2FLos_Angelesx
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency