This ad is expired.
Senior Administrative Assistant, HR (Gene Therapy Program - Research Administration)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Senior Administrative Assistant, HR (Gene Therapy Program - Research Administration)
Job Profile Title
Staff Assistant B
Job Description Summary
The Gene Therapy Program (GTP) is entering a new era of unprecedented opportunity with the great potential to reshape the face of medicine as we know it. Our discoveries have set the stage for successful treatments and possibly even cures for devastating genetic diseases.
The laboratory of Dr. Jim Wilson, at GTP of the University of Pennsylvania, has been a leader in the development of innovative vector technology for close to three decades. We have emerged as the go-to organization for public and private partners, who want to participate in the gene therapy space. Currently, we are positioned to lead another round of vector innovation and establish pre-clinical and clinical proof-of-concept in therapeutic applications of in-vivo genome editing.
Continuation of all GTP positions is contingent upon funding.
Due to continued growth of our program, we are searching for a new HR Assistant.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Organizational Strategy & Operations, with a dotted line to the Associate Director, Human Resources, the HR Assistant will be responsible for all regular and confidential Human Resources related scheduling for a busy Human Resources team.
This role will provide administrative support with a focus on complete management of a complex meeting schedule and daily calendar management for the Senior Director, Organizational Strategy & Operations, as well as the Associate Director of Human Resources, and the Associate Director of Talent Development & Employee Engagement. The HR Assistant will be responsible for high volume scheduling of all meetings requested across multiple virtual platforms as well as in person as appropriate. In this capacity, s/he must exercise independent judgment, total confidentiality and discretion related to setting priorities, on the spot decisions, and access. Additionally, the person in this role could occasionally support the administrative needs of the Talent Acquisition Manager. Responsibilities related to the support of the aforementioned team members will also include, but not necessarily be limited to, attending and recording meeting minutes for confidential meetings, recording meeting minutes for team meetings, requesting and securing POs for HR related vendor processes, electronic filing, ownership of processes for documentation requiring signatures from the Senior Director as well as the two Associate Directors, and additional project work as needed. This individual can also be required to attend meetings for TA, TD, and HR Ops Teams as needed - to record minutes and provide detailed outlines to the Associate Director of HR, the Associate Director of TD, and the Senior Director as needed.
This role will require the HR Assistant to command a variety of resources to effectively impact a large volume of tasks with an attention to detail, confidentiality, and a customer service mindset.
- Bachelor's Degree with 1-2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience with high volume complex calendar management
- Ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the Sr. Director, Organizational Strategy & Operations to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality in order to effectively handle calendar and scheduling issues
- Proven time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to meet deadlines, work well under pressure in a team environment
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills; Strong sense of urgency in escalating critical issues
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills are a MUST including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Planner
- Positive work ethic
- Proficiency in virtual meeting platforms - Zoom and Microsoft Teams preferred
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with familywhatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitementand you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2516012&targetURL=https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay">https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/1500-Market-Street/HR-Assistant--Gene-Therapy-Program---Research-Administration-_JR00041139-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency