This ad is expired.
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an Associate's degree and two (2) years experience in research administration (monitor, research coordinator) may be considered.
Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent or higher) in science or related field. One (1) year of full time experience in research administration (monitor, research coordinator) or related experience. Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) Assistant will work within the Office of Research Compliance (ORC) to provide support to the Sr. HRPP Administrator and Quality Improvement (QI) Administrator. Assistant will serve as a resource to the research and participant community through education and outreach efforts, assist in development and implementation of quality improvement of HRPP compliance and efficiencies, conduct audits of clinical research projects, and provide oversight for research studies managed through reliance agreements.
- Office of Research Compliance (ORC) Administration:
- Conducting independent review of research studies that qualify for exemption. Make determinations for research that does not involve human subjects.
- Maintaining and improving the quality of submissions assigned to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) through pre-review of clinical research protocols and triage for review.
- Assist COI administrator with processing of Conflict of Interest (COI) reviews.
- Training of coordinators and research staff on matters pertaining to ethics, proper application completion, good clinical practice, and proper documentation of research records.
- Administration of institutional considerations for acceptable oversight of research studies that utilize a single IRB. Participate in execution of reliance agreements with external institutions.
- Collaborate with senior staff members for IRB meeting presentations and committee review.
- Assist in supervision of clerical staff and student employees.
- HRPP Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance:
- Provide ongoing support, education, and best practice recommendations to improve human research effectiveness, quality, and compliance with organizational policies within the ORC and ensure institutional compliance with federal and state regulations governing human subjects' research. Assist HRPP/IRB administrators with QA/QI programs with respect to AAHRPP standards.
- Auditing and Monitoring of Clinical Research Studies:
- Assist the Quality Assurance Administrator with directed and not for cause audits of research studies being conducted by Stony Brook University. This includes examining research records, medical records, and other activities as deemed appropriate. Assist in writing up audits and presenting the audit findings before the convened IRB committee.
- Community Outreach:
- Work within ORC, University Hospital and other Stony Brook centers to assist with, and streamline, procedures relating to recruitment of patients into research studies.
- Disseminate materials, and participate in educational events to train research volunteers, investigators, and staff around participant rights and protections.
- Serve as institutional liaison for ResearchMatch, a national recruitment registry that matches researchers to individuals who are interested in participating in research.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, the candidate hired will need to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or other "protected individual" (as defined by 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1324b(a)(3).
This position may be eligible for alternative workplace arrangements/telework (remote or virtual) or hybrid.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
SUNY Research Foundation: A Great Place to Work.
Job Number: 2203682Official Job Title: Administrative Staff Assistant IJob Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)Primary Location: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: OVPR/ORCSchedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Posting Start Date: Nov 2, 2022Posting End Date: Dec 2, 2022, 8:59:00 PMSalary:Commensurate with experienceAppointment Type: RegularSalary Grade:E1
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2203682&tz=GMT-07%3A00&tzname=America%2FLos_Angeles
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency