- Grants and Research Support Coordinator
- Go to our website »
Grants and Research Support Coordinator
The Grants and Research Support Coordinator coordinates and manages the day-to-day administrative operations related to grants and research within The Water School.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Supports research programs through assistance with grant budgets and logistics.
- Creates, reviews, revises, and implements safety protocols for field and ship-board research.
- Assists Principal Investigators in grant-related expenses, budget monitoring, and hiring.
- Manages logistics for various operations that support field research and data collection including coordination of fleet (boats, vehicles, and specialized field-sampling equipment) scheduling and maintenance.
- Serves as a point of contact for ORSP; simultaneously monitors the budgets of multiple grants.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution from an appropriate area of specialization.
- Two years of full-time professional experience working in Academic Affairs with college students.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience with computer systems and proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Master's degree from an accredited institution from an appropriate area of specialization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to the position.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Ability to understand, interpret, apply, and explain personnel policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage and coordinate assignments to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments.
- Ability to provide professional customer service.
- Ability to work with university budgets.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
Salary Pay Grade 15
To apply, visit https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/Grants-and-Research-Support-Coordinator_R0003609
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency