Grants and Contracts Manager
University of Colorado Denver
Grants and Contracts Manager - 31506 University Staff Description
University of Colorado Denver
Grants and Contracts Manager
Research Services Program Manager
School of Education & Human Development
Position Number: #00685507 | Requisition Number: 31506
The School of Education & Human Development (SEHD) at the University of Colorado Denver announces a full-time Grants and Contracts Manager position.
Program Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of a program, function or work unit, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes.
Jobs in the Research Services career family provide direct professional support of research activities. Functions include contracts and grants solicitation and administration, grant/agreement preparation, review and negotiation, regulatory compliance, sponsor communication and post and pre award management, human subject compliance, research animal management, research laboratory coordination and instruction, environmental health and safety, radiation control, hazardous materials use, disposal and training.
Nature of Work
The School of Education & Human Development (SEHD) is home to faculty and staff who are actively engaged in sponsored research activity. In the last couple of years, faculty sponsored research funding has tripled. The SEHD houses several externally funded centers: The PAR2A (Paraeducator Resource & Research) Center; The Evaluation Center; and The National P-3 Center. These centers are self-funded through grants, contracts, gifts, and fee-for-service revenue. The Grants and Contracts Manager will provide technical and financial expertise to Principal Investigators (PIs) and their designees and produce reports for SEHD leadership. This position will serve as the SEHD grants and contracts liaison with all SEHD centers, PIs and grant staff, sponsors, the CU Denver Office of Grants and Contracts, and other CU Denver departments. The Grants and Contracts Manager supervises the SEHD Grants and Contracts Business Services Professional and reports to the SEHD Assistant Dean for Finance and HR. Another possible way to describe this work is Research Administrator.
Essential Duties and Examples of Work Performed
- Proposal prep in partnership with the Principal Investigators. Develops proposal budgets and routing documents, completes internal and external forms. Creates proposals in InfoEd system and submits them for internal review and approval.
- Coordination of subcontracts and monitoring sub-recipients.
- Primary liaison for the SEHD with the Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC); sponsored research sponsors and subcontractors; other CU entities as it pertains to sponsored research.
- Facilitates all sponsored research transferred to CU Denver from other institutions. (I.e., new faculty bringing research to CU Denver which involves coordination with faculty member, OGC and the institution/s SEHD is receiving the sponsored research from.)
- Meets with principal investigators and project managers to ensure a complete understanding of sponsored research processes, policies, and procedures, including a clear delineation of administrative responsibilities. Serves as a work leader for all project administrators on externally funded projects, and as a training resource for principal investigators, their staff and students.
- Assist PIs and grant staff with compliance areas such as human subjects, personnel effort reporting, and conflict of interest as it pertains to sponsored research.
- Attends CU Denver Sponsored Research meetings and communicates information to relevant individuals in SEHD. Attends training courses as necessary.
- Keeps updated on all applicable policies, procedures and compliance areas. Recommends SEHD policies and practices pertaining to sponsored research.
- Develops and maintains templates for use within SEHD (i.e. budget narratives, subcontract documents, standard contracts, etc)
- Interfaces with the Office of Research Services to pair funding opportunities with SEHD faculty.
- Ensures that the job description and functions of this position are documented for successors.
- Coordinates fee-for-service contracts for SEHD Centers as necessary. May include contract preparation and review, routing, and subsequent invoicing by SEHD.
- Assists with overseeing progress report deadlines. Reminds faculty of progress report deadlines, instructions, and processes. Prepares financial reports and cover sheets for authorized official representative's signature as needed.
- Provides regular financial reports to PIs.
- Keeps tracking system of SEHD proposals and awards and provides reports to SEHD leadership.
- Works with PIs and grant staff to close out awards properly and in a timely manner.
- Works with other SEHD administrative staff to coordinate HR, procurement, accounting transactions necessary for sponsored research and ensures compliance.
- Provides OGC Accounting with billing documentation as necessary.
- This position supervises the SEHD Grants and Contracts Business Services Professional
- This position will report to the Assistant Dean of Finance and HR
- Denver-metro area (this is not a remote position).
- This role is eligible for a hybrid schedule of 3 days per week on campus and as needed for in-person meetings.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience, including:
- Three (3) years of experience in pre-award proposal development experience,
- Two (2) or more years of experience in post-award sponsored project administration and management.
- Five (5) or more years of directly related experience in a university or research setting in research development, business development, proposal development, project management, research administration, or a closely related field.
- Three (3) or more years of experience with InfoEd Proposal Development System or similar grants submission software.
- Special consideration for applicants with experience in pre- and post-award contracts and grant administrations in an academic setting.
- Experience working with CU Marketplace, CU Data, and PeopleSoft HCM and Finance or similar software.
- Experience in interpreting and applying policies from a variety of funding structures (federal, state, foundation, and institutional) and serving as a resource to others.
- Master's degree in accounting, finance, business, business administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Certified Research Administrator certification
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Ability to plan, organize, and meet deadlines, work under pressure, and organize multiple projects or tasks.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheets, word processing, email, and calendar software.
- Knowledge of higher education sponsored research, grant writing and administration.
- Knowledge of federal grant and contract regulations and policies.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, human relations and customer service skills.
The starting salary range for this position has been established as: $72,500 - $80,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
The continuance of this appointment will be based on merit/performance, and availability of funding.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. CU Denver offers a competitive benefits package including paid holidays, vacation (4 weeks per year), and sick leave (3 weeks per year); insurance covering medical, dental, and vision, and retirement plans with generous matches. See the full benefits offered here.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Denver is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The School of Education & Human Development's diversity statement is available here: https://education.ucdenver.edu/about-us/equity-diversity-inclusion
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Tentative Search Timeline:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
A potential employee start date is December 1, 2023.
Required Application Materials:
For full consideration, please visit http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach the following documents:
- A letter of application including the candidate's interests, experiences, and qualifications specifically related to the position responsibilities.
- A current curriculum vita/resume.
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Questions about the position should be directed to Patricia Ball, email@example.com
Questions about the application process should be directed to: SEHD HR, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV Job Category
: Business Services Primary Location
: Denver Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 30063 - SEHD CCEL Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Nov 1, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: SEHD HR Posting Contact Email: email@example.com Position Number: 00685507
To apply, please visit: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=31506&lang=en
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency