Frontiers Project Director
Frontiers Project Director
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
An exciting, new position with the largest research infrastructure support effort at KUMC called Frontiers: University of Kansas Clinical and Translational Science Institute is open. We seek a candidate who will help us organize and submit our renewal application and become part of our team. Our goal is to accelerate research by connecting scientists to resources; facilitating collaboration and training the next generation of clinical and translational science researchers.
The Frontiers Project Manager will work with a senior team of researchers and clinicians and will be responsible for managing the renewal process along with other project management responsibilities. This position reports to the Director of Frontiers, Dr. Mario Castro, MD, MPH.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years' experience in project management
- Awareness and involvement with the grant writing process, including knowledge of federal grant funding
- Knowledge of research administration principles, policies and procedures
- Successful track record of organizing grant writing efforts including experience drafting and/or collating federal grant applications
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated abilities to manage several project activities and competing priorities simultaneously; someone who takes pride in multitasking and making deadlines
- Master's Degree or PhD in a relevant field
- 3+ years' experience in project management in a biomedical research environment
- Knowledge of research administration principles, policies and procedures that includes pertinent federal regulations involved in biomedical research
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or a willingness to become PMP certified.
Job Duties Outlined:
- This position requires a highly motivated individual with a strong attention to detail who can also consider the big picture while maintaining deadlines and outcomes across various projects. The ideal candidate will be a team player who prefers open and direct communication and is willing to take initiative and learn a variety of responsibilities and manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- This position must demonstrate proficiency in medical and scientific writing and a proven track record of success in drafting applications that secure federal grants from agencies such as HRSA, SAMHSA, AHRQ, NIH, Dept. of Ed, NSF, etc.
- Knowledge or experience in grant management or research administration with specific knowledge of federal compliance guidelines.
In addition to demonstrated expertise in research administration and grant writing, this position must demonstrate project management competencies. These competencies are described as follows:
- Understand project goals and manage project strategy to achieve those goals
- Lead the performance of the project tasks per the agreed upon scope of work
- Act as a focal point for all internal and external project communication
- Schedule, monitor and communicate the status of the project tasks to the project team
- Conduct project team meetings
- Generate and distribute concise meeting minutes, action items and status reports
- Prepare the overall project and communication plan with the assistance of the project team
- Monitor the compliance to the project plan and update the plan as needed
- Ensure the project team members are focused on a common set of objectives
- Ensure that the project objectives and deliverables have been met on time
- Other duties as assigned by the Director and Administrative Director, Frontiers
- Cover Letter
Pay Rate Type:
To learn more and apply online, please visit https://kumc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/kumc-jobs/job/Kansas-City-Metro-Area/Frontiers-Project-Director_JR000517 or go to https://jobs.kumc.edu/ and search for position number JR000517.
Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
About KU Medical Center:
The University of Kansas Medical Centers mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu.
KU Medical Center proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package through the state of Kansas, with flexible options designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff. To learn more about our options for medical, vision, dental and other insurances, as well as our generous time off policies and retirement options, please visit http://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefitsrewards.html.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency