This ad is expired.
- Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
- Go to our website »
Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
Job ID: 256700
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Responsible for management of the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA), including the facilitation of internal and external research funding, pre-award, post-award, grants accounting and grants compliance. Serves as the authorized official representative (AOR) designee for submission of all faculty-driven federal, state, and private grants, pre-award and (non-financial) post-award administrator for external grants, and institutional liaison with funding agencies. Charged with building the infrastructure for Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA), managing, training, and leading SPA staff that are both decentralized and centralized in the University, developing and implementing SPA policies and procedures, managing all software technology used for grants administration, and responding to federal (and state) inquiries related to research productivity and research infrastructure.
1. Serves as the Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR) designee to submit proposals and to accept and approve grants, subawards, agreements, amendments on behalf of the University
2. Coordinates and monitors the effective implementation of federal and state appropriation program activities to facilitate optimal utilization of program resources in alignment with the University mission and strategic plan
3. Assists in the review and submission of external grant proposals including the development of budgets, and approving final budgets, assuring they meet institutional and agency requirements
4. Develops and maintains a grants management information system used in preparing administrative reports and grant archival
5. Collaborates and/or coordinates institutional grant efforts with the VP of Research and other senior leadership when appropriate
6. Maintains familiarity with and knowledge of program solicitations, federal regulations, and compliance requirements related to grant, and apprises relevant parties of new or revised requirements
7. Assures the institution is registered and in compliance to receive federal funding
8. Fosters a highly collaborative and inclusive environment, one that values and leverages the benefits of diverse perspectives to increase research activity and extramural funding
9. Prioritizes expenditures and effectively managing resources in a manner that demonstrates accountability and support for the University mission and strategic plan
10. Provides accurate, timely responses to requested information and ongoing implementation of strategies to ensure compliance with rules and regulations
11. Trains and manages a diverse group of staff across the University performing pre-award and post-award grant functions.
12. Collaborates with grants accounting to ensure accurate, fair, and timely reporting for all funding agencies.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in business or related field.
Other Required Qualifications
Certified Research Administrator (CRA)
Five (5) years of related work experience in a sponsored programs role, either in grant proposal development, pre-award submissions, post-awards submissions, non-fiscal grants management, including previous supervisory experience.
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in business or related field.
Previous experience in higher education
The budgeted salary range is $112,810 to $130,000. Offers are based on relevant experience.
Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits.,
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to manage large and diverse teams of people
Able to problem-solve in a timely and efficient manner
Able to communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written) to staff and senior administration
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Experience in grants and research administration and/or certification in research administration at a university, private research institution, government agency, or similar institution
Knowledge of federal grant proposal and award policies and regulations
Facile with budgeting and basic financial records
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, grants management software)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
This position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
- Standard Enhanced
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=256700&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency