Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, a combination of relevant education and experience totaling four (4) years may be considered. Two (2) years of experience in research, research administration, or another relevant field (compliance, audit, accounting, sponsored program administration, etc.). Experience with federal regulatory requirements as they relate to conflicts of interest and/or federal sponsor foreign influence guidelines.
Master's degree (foreign equivalent or higher) in business, a science discipline, or related field. Experience with conflict of interest requirements, foreign influence concerns, or export control regulations within a university or other research environment. Experience with reporting requirements, as they relate to conflicts of interest. Experience with tools to support compliance initiatives and/or training (such as PowerPoint, presentation tools, and/or systems to develop and manage disclosures and active management plans).
Brief Description of Duties:
Support the Director for Research Security in the execution of a comprehensive research security program with a primary focus on conflict of interest and foreign influence as it relates to disclosures. The position will interact with faculty and researchers to assist them with compliance to SBU's conflict of interest policies and regulations to ensure faculty researchers' outside interests do not impact - or appear to impact - the objectivity of the research, safety and welfare of research subjects, the interests of students and trainees, or other employee responsibilities, such as teaching, service, or administrative duties. The position will also back-up the Director for Research Security in other areas of research security programs (i.e., research security, export controls, foreign influence and international collaborations). Incumbent must have the ability to interpret government regulations and communicate complex regulations and requirements to others and the ability to perform and document detailed reviews of complex situations. Incumbent must have ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive information. They must have strong organizational skills and the ability to work with diverse groups of faculty, staff, and students.
- Conflict of Interest (COI)/Foreign Influence
- Assist the Director of Research Security with COI Program Management, including COI standard operating procedures and electronic submission processes/forms.
- Disclosure Review, Tracking, and Support.
- Review outside interest disclosure forms for individuals involved with University research projects and/or serving as investigators on sponsored programs.
- Identify disclosures that may need COI management; refer those cases to the Director of Research Security and/or the Conflict of Interest Committee.
- Promote compliance with regulations by working directly with researchers to review relationships between SBU activities and their outside professional activities.
- Develop and implement training and guidance materials related to COI.
- Keep abreast of new laws and regulations; contribute to campus response to proposed regulatory changes.
- Maintain complete and accurate program records.
- Assist with the development of Conflict Management Plans, coordinating with Director of Research Security and the Conflict of Interest Committee as necessary.
- Monitoring of Management Plans.
- Identification of conflicts that need to be reported to sponsors and submission of those reports.
- Ensure the integrity and security of confidential information, whether in paper or electronic format.
- Serve as a liaison to the Office of Sponsored Programs for the coordinated external international activities for technical reports or other mandatory other support submissions.
- Evaluate potential issues of reported foreign activity and refer to the Director of Research Security as necessary.
- Participate in inter-office working groups or campus committees as appropriate for the role.
- Serve as the backup for the Director of Research Security in the review of the following areas and escalating any identified issues to the Director of Research Security for additional review: foreign visitors, international travel, or adding sponsors to the sponsor file.
- Assist the Director of Research Security with the drafting and monitoring of Technology Control Plans or Program Management Plans
- Assist the Director of Research Security with website content, newsletter preparation and training materials in all areas in the Research Security Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, the candidate hired will need to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or other "protected individual" (as defined by 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1324b(a)(3).
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Job Number: 2203724Official Job Title: Sponsored Programs Associate IJob Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)Primary Location: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: VP AdminSchedule: Part-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Posting Start Date: Oct 26, 2022Posting End Date: Dec 2, 2022, 8:59:00 PMSalary:$45,000-$51,000 @ .6 FTEAppointment Type: RegularSalary Grade:E3
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2203724&tz=GMT-08%3A00&tzname=America%2FLos_Angeles
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency