This ad is expired.
Clerical II - Research and Grants
Salary: $41,652.00 - $45,924.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: FY2324-00117
Location: San Luis Obispo Campus, CA
Closing: 1/2/2024 11:59 PM Pacific
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision, perform a variety of clerical work involving specific routines and broadly defined policies and procedures; and to perform other related duties as required.
The Clerical Assistant Class includes level I, II and III positions. Classification level is based on job requirements, and is assigned to positions. Levels are not intended to denote the skill level of incumbents and there is no natural progression from Level I to Level III based on incumbent length of service.
Clerical Assistant I is the entry level classification of this office support series. Incumbents in the Clerical Assistant I classification perform routine and repetitive general clerical duties requiring no previous experience. Duties are performed with instructions and under close supervision.
Clerical Assistant II is the intermediate level classification among this office support series. The incumbents in this classification are more competent to provide a variety of clerical support to other clerical or secretarial staff and performs some assignments independently.
Clerical Assistant III is the advanced level in this classification and performs specialized clerical duties or provides sole clerical support for an assigned function. Incumbents in this classification are required to exercise independent judgment and may be assigned to provide work direction to the lower classifications.
Incumbents in this position support student learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness by serving as a first contact and support for students, staff, and faculty.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Where You Will Work
Serving all of San Luis Obispo County, Cuesta College has provided comprehensive associate degree offerings, certificates, and community programs to the region since 1964. The main campus is located along scenic highway 1, west of San Luis Obispo and east of the beaches of the Pacific Ocean. Cuesta College has a North County Campus in Paso Robles, and South County Center, in Arroyo Grande.
Who We Are
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our culture and the work we do. Cuesta College is proud to be a designated Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) committed to racial and socio-economic diversity as it reflects our communities and student populations. We actively seek to attract candidates who share this commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. As part of the Cuesta College team, you can expect to be part of a collaborative community of faculty, classified professionals, administrators, students, and community partners advancing educational excellence with intentional support services leading to student success and completion.
Additional information about the college can be found at
The college planning documents can be found at
Our Student Equity Action Plan can be found at
We offer comprehensive benefit options. Information about benefits can be found at
Essential Functions & Qualifications
- Meet and work with the public, students, and college staff in a variety of situations which require tact, discretion, and courtesy;
- Give information and interpretation of policies and procedures, which require knowledge of an assigned aspect of the departmental activities;
- Compile information from various sources and type on a variety of forms;
- Review documents for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to established procedures;
- Open and classify incoming mail and other information;
- Perform a wide variety of clerical and typing work;
- Operate standard office equipment, including word processor, personal computer, microprocessors, calculators, and microfilm if required;
- Type and operate word processing keyboard to generate letters, memorandum, reports, requisitions, and other materials;
- Establish and maintain hard copy and electronic data processing records;
- Receive, account for, and deposit cash from sales and registration;
- Interpret and apply college policies, rules and regulations when dealing with faculty and students;
- Maintain confidentiality of personal matters;
- Maintain clerical records and to compile basic reports;
- Monitor security system for files and maintain a card identification system if required;
- Learn and interpret rules, regulations, and instructions;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Essential functions of particular positions within classifications may vary because job duties may vary by work location.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent
- Associate Degree preferred for Levels II and III
Clerical Assistant I:
- Experience is not required for entry into a Clerical Assistant I position.
Clerical Assistant II:
- One year of general clerical experience, which includes the use of keyboard and other modern office equipment, is required for entry into a Clerical II position.
Clerical Assistant III:
- Two additional years of experience, including keyboarding, are required for entry into Clerical Assistant III.
Or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Record keeping;
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment;
- Correct English, spelling, punctuation, and grammar;
- Methods of writing correspondence and reports;
- College organization, policies, and rules;
- Current technologies, personal computer, and associated office software such as work processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and/or database software;
- Principles of report writing;
- Computer programs necessary for record keeping and databases.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties;
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff, external customers and students, and of staff, external customers and students with physical and learning disabilities;
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Maintain a variety of files.
Physical ability to:
- Read and comprehend printed matter and text and data on computer monitors;
- Communicate intelligibly and effectively via speech, telephone, written correspondence, and/or email;
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time;
- Lift and/or carry 25 pounds;
- Exert manual dexterity sufficient for keyboard and other office equipment operation.
License and Certificates (current within the last year):
- Valid driver's license and eligible to obtain California driver's license upon hire.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLY
Candidates will be required to submit ALL of the required documents below when applying for this position. When uploading documents, PDF uploads are preferred.
- Cover letter;
- Reference List (see further instructions below);
- Diversity statement (see further instructions below).
Diversity Statement Instructions: Cuesta College is committed to building and maintaining a workforce that reflects and honors the diversity of our students. It is important to us that our faculty, staff, and administrators demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, ethnic, and religious backgrounds as well as sexual orientation and abilities of all constituents in the Cuesta College community.
In 500 words or less, with consideration to our Mission Statement and our values expressed above, please explain how you will demonstrate your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in this position.
Reference List Instructions: Your reference list must include three professional references, their contact information, and their relationship to you.
Completed online applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by the closing date for this position. LATE, INCOMPLETE, FAXED, MAILED OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Below is the full salary schedule range for this position, steps A through E. Per Cuesta College's bargaining agreement, new employees are placed at Steps A through C, which is the anticipated hiring range also listed below. The bargaining agreement also includes step and longevity increases. For a full salary schedule, please see our website: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/humanresources/salary_schedules.html
- Salary Schedule Range: $3,471 - $4,219 per month.
- Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,471- $3,827 per month.
Cuesta College will not sponsor any visa applications.
San Luis Obispo County Community College District ("Cuesta College") is an equal opportunity employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), age, disability (physical and mental), genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and state law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. Cuesta College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
In compliance with California law, all prospective staff and students are entitled to read the Annual Security Report, published each October by the Cuesta College Department of Public Safety. This report contains information about our emergency and crime reporting procedures, as well as crime statistics for the past 3 years. You may request a copy of this report at one of our two Public Safety Offices: on SLO campus at Building 6600A or on North County Campus at building N1021, during campus business hours. You may also access the complete text of this report at the following website address: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/publicsafety/clery_act
Cuesta College uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9 to data from U.S Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records. For further information, visit: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/humanresources/Job_Opportunities.html
Interview Process Information
Selected applicants will be invited to attend a Zoom interview and skills test on Tuesday, January 16, 2024.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cuesta
The San Luis Obispo County Community College District promotes inclusiveness, prohibits discrimination, and encourages all qualified persons to apply. As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Cuesta College actively seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds to assist students, staff, and faculty. For ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) assistance with the application and/or interview process, please contact the Human Resources Office: (805) 546-3129.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency