This ad is expired.
Associate Director of Research Development Training Grants
About the Opportunity
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Office of Research Development at Northeastern University is seeking a dynamic and motivated Associate Director for Research Development with a specialized focus on securing funding for PhD and Postdoc training grants. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in advancing the research and academic careers of graduate students and postdoctoral scholars by identifying, developing, and submitting competitive grant proposals together with faculty at Northeastern. The Associate Director must maintain broad knowledge of the institution, its strengths, interests, and mission, and understand the decision-making practices of sponsors, with expertise in matching their giving patterns with approved university priorities, with particular focus on training programs. The Associate Director must also be generally knowledgeable about federal, state and international training mechanisms, and be able to seamlessly interact with all of these entities. This position will be based at our Boston, MA campus, but can be fully remote depending upon circumstances.
- Research, identify, and evaluate funding opportunities from government agencies, private foundations, and other relevant sources, specifically targeted towards PhD and postdoc training programs.
- Collaborate with faculty, department heads, and research administrators to gather information about potential training programs, ensuring alignment with institutional priorities.
- Write clear, persuasive, and compelling grant proposals, focusing on the unique strengths and contributions of the proposed training programs.
- Develop budgets, budget justifications, and other required supplementary materials for grant submissions.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure that all necessary institutional approvals are obtained prior to grant submission.
- Maintain a strong understanding of federal regulations, agency guidelines, and best practices for training grant applications.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with program officers, potential collaborators, and representatives from funding agencies.
- Monitor and stay informed about changes in funding priorities and guidelines from relevant agencies.
- Collaborate with other members of the Senior Vice Provost for Research organization to provide support for other grant-related activities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's or higher degree in a related field (e.g., science, engineering, education) preferred. Relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of a specific degree.
- Proven track record of successful grant writing, preferably for PhD and postdoc training grants, with a demonstrated ability to secure funding from federal agencies (e.g., NIH, NSF) and private foundations.
- Strong understanding of the graduate and postdoctoral training landscape, including best practices in mentorship, professional development, and research training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill complex information into clear, compelling narratives.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, able to manage multiple grant applications concurrently and meet deadlines consistently.
- Knowledge of training tables and other required training grant components.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and other stakeholders across the university.
- Familiarity with grant management software and systems is a plus.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Associate-Director-of-Research-Development---Training-Grants_R120460
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency