Assistant Director of Research Administration & Strategic Initiatives
Performs varied and complex administrative duties in the management and coordination of a large specialized project and/or program. Requires independent judgment and application of established policies and procedures. Works under general supervision with evaluation based on overall results obtained.
- Project management; specifically science/laboratory management.
- Science-writing to assist with 1) preparation of funding proposals and 2) management of research projects for the faculty and the department.
- Administrative leadership of department-managed research supporting Service Centers, including collation of user data, preparation of invoices, and revenue collection.
- Assist with the preparation of infrastructure improvement proposals for service centers.
- Lead strategic initiatives and department enhancement activities, which may include alumni outreach, identifying and promoting faculty & staff professional development, and recognition through external and internal awards.
Bachelor's degree in the area of specialization or closely related field. Three years of related administrative and technical experience. Additional job related education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
A preferred candidate will have a MA in a STEM program and be a self-motivated, goal-oriented individual who is able to work independently. If the candidate has a working knowledge of the Texas Tech University System, Raiderlink, and Procurement systems, this would be a bonus.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-16fc5f3ae89e5144b4046074dde81b3f