Agreement and Accounts Receivable Financial Assistant
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Associate's degree (or foreign equivalent) in business, finance, accounting or related field. In lieu of an Associate's degree (or foreign equivalent), five (5) years of full-time progressive experience in business, finance, accounting or related administrative field may be considered. Three (3) years of full-time progressive experience in business, finance, accounting or related administrative field. Experience with databases and spreadsheets, such as Excel.
Two (2) years of experience analyzing, interpreting and clarifying various royalty-bearing transactions and tracking and distributing payments. Experience with the reviewing, interpretation and compliance management of business contracts. Experience with technology transfer. Experience with Inteum or a comparable technology transfer or docket management system.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Agreement & Accounts Receivable Financial Assistant will support the Finance Team with licensing administration and compliance, processing accounts receivable, post agreement management and reporting. The successful incumbent will have excellent oral and written communication skills. They must work with highly complex material, both legal and technical and process work with a sense of urgency, while paying attention to detail. The Financial Assistant must work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks while remaining calm and dealing with high pressure situations diplomatically. Incumbent must be organized with demonstrated ability to work with little or no supervision and prioritize workload efficiently.
- License administration and compliance
- Under the supervision of Financial Manager, proofread option and license agreements for financial and reporting details. Bring any concerns or issues to the attention of the Financial Manager.
- Maintain database for each newly executed and active licenses, including entering in new agreements into the database.
- Under the supervision of Financial Manager, program financial, diligence and reporting terms from the agreement into license database & create activity flags, agreement reporting flags and receivable records consistent with financial and diligence terms.
- Under the supervision of Financial Manager, Program Patent Cost Reimbursable rules if applicable.
- Under the supervision of Financial Manager, monitor licensee and partner compliance to license and option agreements, including quarterly and annual reports, royalty payments and milestone payments.
- Record and track equity positions in licensees and address any issues to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with licensees and optionees.
- Ensure Case Managers have a comprehensive understanding of a partner's performance in meeting all financial and reporting obligations contractually agreed to. Related duties include:
- Analyze Agreement Activities and Reporting Flags.
- Request agreement reports accordingly. File agreement reports and update Inteum in compliance with office process. Share reports with the applicable Case Manager. Follow - up on delinquent responses.
- In collaboration with Case Managers and Financial Manager, facilitate the review of licensee and partner diligence obligations, including supporting any follow-up inquiries.
- Responsible for maintaining receivable email box.
- Accounts receivables processing
- Invoice licensees for reimbursement of patent expenses and other receivables.
- Gather supporting information for patent cost reimbursement, as necessary to assist licensing staff.
- Prepare aging reports and assist in the collection process for non performing agreements.
- Assist in periodic internal reviews for integrity of agreement data and related receivables, activities and agreement reporting.
- Post agreement management, & Reports
- Under the supervision of Financial Manager, regularly perform desktop audits of licensees to ensure financial compliance.
- Work with the Financial Manager and Licensing team to coordinate audits of licensees by RF Central Office and/or outside vendors.
- Assist Financial Manager with the preparation of periodic financial reports as needed, including AUTM Annual Report, and various department and centers.
- Ensure all aspects of workflow is reported properly in database and system of record.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, the candidate hired will need to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or other "protected individual" (as defined by 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1324b(a)(3).
This position may be eligible for alternative workplace arrangements/telework (remote or virtual) or hybrid.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Job Number: 2200839Official Job Title: Senior Administrative AssistantJob Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)Primary Location: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: Office of Intellectual Property PartnersSchedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Posting Start Date: May 31, 2022Posting End Date: Jun 30, 2022, 8:59:00 PMSalary:Commensurate with experienceAppointment Type: RegularSalary Grade:N8
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2200839&tz=GMT-07%3A00&tzname=America%2FLos_Angelesx
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency