- Software Developer
- Go to our website »
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Three (3) years of full-time, relevant software development experience. Experience with object-oriented languages, which may include C# and C++. Experience with structured query language (SQL). Experience in developing data integrations.
Knowledge of research administration. Additional years (4+) of full-time relevant software development experience. Full-stack software developer experience- front-end, back-end, and report development. Proficient in C#. Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server tools (SSMS, SSIS and SSRS).
Brief Description of Duties:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide information technology services and software that supports research administration for the University. Experience with software systems applicable to this area is preferred.
Responsible for business analysis, application design, programming, report development, troubleshooting, problem resolution, maintenance and documentation of applications, interfaces, and reports as well as the selection, analysis, configuration, and maintenance of Software as a service and/or hosted applications.
The successful incumbent will collaborate with their colleagues in the Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) and the Department of IT (DoIT) to build and maintain current and new features of research administration applications including Huron Research Suite. The Software Developer must have the ability to effectively translate functional business requirements into relevant technical specifications.
- Software development and support
- Design, build, and maintain current and new features of the Huron Research Suite as well as other research administration applications utilizing the provided technologies and software development platform. This includes all aspects of software development including requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, developing, testing, debugging, documentation, and maintenance.
- Develop integrations between university systems to help streamline current business operations or system processes while ensuring data security and integrity.
- Collaborate with other DoIT staff on new projects or application upgrades. Employ standards to ensure data accuracy, security, and privacy of information.
- Advise management of potential breaches of data and systems security.
- In performance of all job duties, always be responsible for delivering optimal customer service, for protecting institutional data and privacy, and the excellent delivery of solutions and services by following divisional and University policies, procedures, and processes.
- Build and maintain reports.
- Develop and maintain reports for OVPR stakeholders using SQL, SSRS, and other reporting tools from relational databases and other application data sources.
- Document applications, reports, and interfaces to describe program objectives, use cases, development, logic, coding, configurations, corrections, and other elements required to ensure others have sufficient information to support. Manage all work and track tasks and issues using JIRA or other tracking applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, the candidate hired will need to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or other "protected individual" (as defined by 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1324b(a)(3).
This position is eligible for alternative workplace arrangements/telework (remote or virtual) or hybrid.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
SUNY Research Foundation: A Great Place to Work.
Job Number: 2301493Official Job Title: Programmer/Analyst IIIJob Field: Information TechnologyPrimary Location: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: OVPR/Department of Information TechnologySchedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm Posting Start Date: May 3, 2023Posting End Date: Jun 3, 2023, 3:59:00 AMSalary:Commensurate with experienceAppointment Type: RegularSalary Grade:E3 SBU Area:The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2301493&tz=GMT%2B00%3A00&tzname=UTC
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency